If you are unsure whether or not you may have developed a gambling problem, you can use the following simple checklist for self-assessment. If you answer positively to at least four of the following questions it is recommended you call either our customer service staff or one of the professional bodies highlighted below to seek professional advice.
- Do you find that you are becoming preoccupied with past gambling successes?
- Do you find that you need to increase the amount of money you gamble to achieve the same enjoyment and excitement?
- Have you recently tried to stop gambling but were unsuccessful?
- Do you become moody or impatient when you are cutting down how much you gamble?
- Do you ever use gambling as a way of ignoring stress in your in life or even pick you up when you feel down?
- Do you ever try to win back the money you lost by increasing the size or frequency of your wagers?
- Do you ever hide how much or how often you gamble from significant others?
- Have you ever committed fraud or theft to get money to gamble with?
- Has gambling ever ruined a personal relationship or an occupational or educational opportunity?
- Have you ever needed others to relieve a financial problem created by gambling?
If you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact us.
If you are not satisfied with how your safer gambling query was handled and wish to escalate the matter, you can contact the Gambling Commissioner.