Should you need to take a break from gambling, we provide a number of options to help you control your gambling including Self-Exclusion.
Time out enables you to take a short break from gambling, restricting your account from placing bets for 24hrs, 48hrs, 7 days, 72 hours or 30 days. During the time selected you will be unable to reverse this block, please find more information about ‘time out’ here.
Alternatively if you feel you need a longer break from gambling you can choose to self-exclude:
- Self-exclusion means that your Betfair account will remain closed for a minimum period of six months and will not be reactivated under any circumstances during the exclusion period (unlike a standard account closure request).
- If you have unmatched Exchange bets these will be cancelled and the funds returned to your account balance. Any (part) matched bets will stand. Please contact Customer Services to arrange for these funds to be returned to you. Where possible we will return funds to your active card within 10 working days. For any other payment methods please contact us.
- To self-exclude, select ‘My Account’ from the drop down within the Header of the site, select ‘Account Details’, select ‘Safer Gambling Tools’, and select the ‘Self Exclusion’ option. It is also possible for you to restrict your access to individual Betfair products.
From here, you have the option the set a six month, one year, three year or five year self-exclusion. Alternatively, Customer Service can set self-exclusion for you.
Please contact us if you require any further information or assistance on self-exclusion or individual product restrictions.
Further help information within the Safer Gambling page includes details about our safer gambling policy and links to organisations that can help.
To receive guidance and support about problem gambling, please visit:
- GamCare at www.gamcare.org.uk or call their confidential helpline on 0808 8020 133 or
- Gordon Moody at https://gordonmoody.org.uk/
Our self-exclusion facility now covers both Paddy Power and Betfair brands. From 30/12/2016, if you self-exclude from one brand, we will endeavour to prevent you accessing your Account (or opening a new Account) within your selected self-exclusion timeframe across both brands. If you have had an account closed on either brand and it may contain a balance, please contact the relevant Customer Service tea.
Please note: Self-Exclusion does not cover Sky Betting & Gaming, PokerStars brands or Full Tilt Poker. You will need to self-exclude directly with the relevant brand in order to be excluded from your account with that brand.
Please be aware that if you apply any safer gambling tool to your Betfair account it will not automatically apply to your Paddy Power account. If you wish to also set a safer gambling tool you can do so via your Paddy Power account online or alternatively, Customer Services can set this for you.