Cash Out allows you to lock in a profit or loss before waiting for the event to finish. Betfair does the maths on your current bets to offer you a value in real time based on the live market prices….. and even better news for football bettors - Cash Out will no longer be suspended on match odds markets on the Sportsbook!
Say you place a £10 (€10) bet on the double of Norwich (6/4 or 2.5) and Liverpool (1/2 or 1.5). Norwich win, and the Liverpool game is about to kick off. The Cash Out offer shown is £24 (€24). Click Cash Out and you guarantee yourself a profit, even if Liverpool lose. The £24 (€24) is returned to your account immediately, without you having to wait for the Liverpool game to end.
How do I cash out a bet?
1. Cash out is available on singles and multiples, on a wide range of sports, including football, tennis, horse racing, and many more! You can Cash Out of bets pre-play, in-play, and between legs. Simply keep an eye out for the Cash Out icon, which indicates which of your bets will be eligible for Cash Out.
2. Cash Out offers are made in real time on your current bets, based on live market prices. Whenever you are ready to Cash Out, simply hit the yellow button, in the cash out page.
3. Alternatively, you can avail of a partial cash out, clicking the green 'slider' button next to the 'Cash Out' button presents a slider for you to scale your partial cash out.
Remember, you can Cash Out as many times as you like on a single bet, providing that the Cash Out slider is available.
4. Once you have chosen your desired cash out value, click the 'Cash Out' button to cash out your bet.
Confirm Before Cash Out
If you press cash out accidentally, your bet cannot be reinstated. You could check if the “Confirmation Screen” is switched to Yes in Settings on your Cash Out page, this should help you avoid any accidental cash outs in the future.
Why is cash out suspended?
Cash out should always be available to you on all Betfair Sportsbook football match odds markets, but unfortunately, you may see cash out temporarily suspend due to the following reasons:
1. Your cash out value is less than the Free Bet stake you’ve used, cash out will be available again if the value increases.
2. The market you’ve bet on does not have cash out available (eg. football handicap markets)
3. The market does not go in-play (eg. Odds Boosts, #OddsOnThat markets)
4. If you’re betting on football, when the player you’ve backed is on the bench, the market and cash out will suspend until he/she is active on the pitch.
5. The market is suspended temporarily due to match incidents and market suspension. eg: when prices are changing after a goal, VAR, break point, try etc.
If the bet features multiple in-play games, the risk of suspension increases, and more patience may be required.
6. The third-party provider who covers the sporting event has unfortunately not been able to continue coverage, as originally agreed. Pricing and cash out have been lost as a result.
7. Technical issue with your cookies.
Why wasn't my Cash Out successful?
Cash Out offers are not guaranteed. If there is a sudden large movement in market prices, your Cash Out may be unsuccessful. If your Cash Out is successful you will see a Success message. If your Cash Out fails, you will see a Failure message, and a new offer will appear.
When do I get my money?
When a Cash Out is successful, any returns are credited to the account immediately.