What card details can I change/edit?
- Expiry date
- CVV/CV2 (This will have updated when your card’s expiry changed)
Details that cannot be Edited
- Cardholder’s name
- Card Number
- Card Type
I need to change my card details, how do I do this?
Step 1. If you are using the app on mobile, click on the person icon in the top right corner of the page, which will bring you to the My Account menu
If using browser, you can select My Account from the top right and then ‘My Betfair Account’ from the drop down
Step 2. Select ‘Cards Details’ under the ‘Payments’ section (My Wallet on the sportsbook app).
Step 3. You will now see your currently registered cards
Step 4. Under the relevant card, click the ‘Edit Card’ button on the bottom of the screen to open the window
Step 5. The Expiry date can now be edited here by inputting the new details
Step 6. Click the ‘Save Changes button to update
I have a new card, how do I add it?
This depends, look at the long number across the front of the card and compare this with your previous card.
- Same long card number as the previous card? You can simply change the expiry date by following the steps above
- Long card number has changed from the previous card? You will need to register the card as a new card. Please be aware that if you already have 3 cards registered, you must remove a card before adding a new one. For more information on adding a payment method click here.
Adding a Payment method, card or otherwise, can also be done via the deposit page here.
I need to remove an old card, how do I do this?
You may be able to unregister a card online. Follow steps 1 – 4 above but before you click the ‘edit card’ button, click the ‘delete card’ button:
And from here you can then confirm the deletion of the card:
Why can’t I remove my card?
You may be unable to remove a card from your account if:
- there are more deposits than withdrawals on the card. See also "What are Net Deposits?"
- the card has not reached the expiry date.
- you have not completed the KYC verification process. See also "How do I complete the Identity Verification Process (KYC) in the UK?"
This protects both Betfair and its users against fraud and money laundering.
If the above hasn’t helped and you need further assistance removing a card from your account you can contact us by clicking the ‘Message Us’ at the bottom of this article. It is likely you may need to provide documentation. As a result, please have available either:
- A photo of the card, showing only the first 6 and last four digits of the long card number.
- A bank statement that shows a Betfair transaction from that card.