What can I do if I think I may be gambling too much?
If you have any concerns about whether you are gambling too much or if you feel that you may be getting out of your depth, then please think very carefully about what you should do next, and whether you should continue betting.
- Think about using our financial Limit functionality.
- Set a ‘time out’ to give you a 24hr, 48hr, 7 day or 30 day break from using your Betfair account.
- Refer to our Responsible Gambling information page or visit the Gamble Aware site (www.gambleaware.co.uk/) for further information and advice about responsible gambling.
- Consider taking a break from gambling or setting self-exclusion.
- Contact a professional for some advice (see contact points below).
GamCare (www.gamcare.org.uk) is the leading authority providing counselling, advice and practical help in addressing the social impact of gambling in the UK can be reached on: 0808 8020 133.
Gambling Therapy (www.gamblingtherapy.org) provides support and counselling for anyone adversely affected by gambling.
Gamblers Anonymous (www.gamblersanonymous.org.uk) is a fellowship of men and women who have joined together to do something about their own gambling problem and help other compulsive gamblers do the same.
For further information click here.
Our self-exclusion facility now covers both Paddy Power and Betfair brands. From 30/12/2016, if you self-exclude from one brand, we will endeavour to prevent you accessing your Account (or opening a new Account) within your selected self-exclusion timeframe across both brands. If you have had an account closed on either brand and it may contain a balance, please contact the relevant Customer Service team”
Please be aware that if you apply any player protection tool to your Betfair account it will not automatically apply to your Paddy Power account. If you wish to also set a player protection tool you can do so via your Paddy Power account online or alternatively, Customer Services can set this for you.