Sportsbook: Golf - Bet Settlement
If your Outright Each Way bet has been paid out for less than you expected, it is most likely due to dead heat ties in the final leaderboard. A dead heat occurs when two or more participants tie for a position. This will only affect bets placed on golfers who ‘place’, as the winner will be decided by a playoff if necessary.
Your payout with dead heat applied will depend on:
- The player you backed
- The odds you took when you placed the bet
- The Each Way places offered when you placed the bet.
- The Each Way place terms (1/5 of the odds you took when you placed the bet)
Your stake will be affected as follows:
- Win part of the stake is settled as a loser.
- Each way part of the bet will be settled as a place, with the stake divided by the number of players tied for the place, multiplied by the number of places available.
EG: You had €/£5 each-way on M Wolff (40/1 pre-tournament). EW terms were 1/5, for 5 places. Your bet would be settled as:
- €/£10 stake = €/£5 win stake + €/£5 EW stake
- Win stake = loser
- €/£5 EW stake divided by 5 (number of DH competitors) = €/£1
- €/£1 multiplied by 2 (number of places available) = €/£2 DH stake
- Odds of 40/1 at 1/5 EW terms terms = 8/1
- Total Winnings: €/£2 x 8/1 = €/£16
- Total Returns: €/£16 winnings + €/£2 DH stake = €/£18
The 2021 US Masters Leaderboard was as follows:
1 Hideki Matsuyama
2 Will Zalatoris
T3 Xander Schauffele
T3 Jordan Spieth
T5 Marc Leishman
T5 Jon Rahm
7 Justin Rose
T8 Corey Conners
T8 Patrick Reed
T10 Tony Finau
T10 Cameron Smith
If you bet on Hideki Matsuyama it will be settled as the outright winner.
If you bet with 3 each way places on Xander Schauffele or Jordan Spieth, your bet will be paid based on 1/2 of your each way stake, as there were 2 selections tied for 1 place.
If you bet with 5 each way places on Marc Leishman or Jon Rahm, your bet will be paid based on 1/2 of your each way stake, as there were 2 selections tied for 1 place.
If you bet with 8 each way places on Corey Conners or Patrick Reed, your bet will be paid based on 1/2 of your each way stake as there were 2 selections tied for 1 place.
If you bet with 10 each way places on Tony Finau or Cameron Smith your bet will be paid based on 1/2 of your each way stake as there were 2 selections tied for 1 place.