Future Racing, otherwise known as Ante Post betting is when a market exists in advance of an event. This way you can place your bet well in advance of the race.
For Future Racing betting, unless otherwise specified all selections that are Non-Runners are counted as losers.
Generally, in horse racing or greyhound racing, Future Racing betting takes place before the final declarations of that race (usually 24-48 hours before the race), after this point, all bets are placed undet Non-runner Money Back rules.
How do I know if my bet is a Future Racing bet?
- Future Racing markets are available in the Sportsbook under the Future Racing tab in the Horse Racing section.
- Future Racing betting ceases at 10am on the day of the overnight declaration stage and all bets placed after that stage will be 'non-runner money back’, ie. your bet stake will be refunded if your horse fails to compete. Tattersalls Rule 4 may apply.
- Betfair Sportsbook offer Non-Runner Money Back on selected Ante-Post races all year-round. After a race becomes Non-Runner No Bet, any Ante-Post bets placed on the Win or Each-Way market will be refunded if your selection does not run.
Are there any exceptions to the Future Racing non-runner rules?
In line with principals laid down by Tattersalls Rules of Racing, Future Racing bets will be void under the following circumstances, otherwise bets stand:
- If the race is abandoned or declared void.
- If the venue of the race is altered or postponed to a later date at a different track.
- If the race is postponed to a later date at the same track with entries totally reopened bets placed after the initial entries are void, but bets placed prior to the initial entry stage will stand. All bets will stand if a race is postponed to later date at the same track with the same entries, whether the bet was placed before or after the initial entries stage.
- If the horse is balloted out or eliminated under Jockey Club rules single bets will be void. In any such cases, accumulative Future Racing bets will stand on the remaining legs, at the prices laid on the selections in those races, with a double becoming a single, a treble becoming a double, etc.
- In the event of horses being withdrawn under Jockey Club/Turf Club rules, to limit the number of entries taken part, these horses shall be void. The liability of a layer against horses remaining will be reduced on both win and place parts of such bets, in accordance with the rate to be announced before the race by Tattersalls Committee, dependant on the odds currently available against the withdrawn horses at the time of withdrawal. All bets are executed at the price ruling at the time of handing in of the bet. We reserve the right to correct any palpable error. Win doubles, trebles, etc are calculated at full accumulative odds. Each-way doubles and trebles etc. are settled win-to-win, place-to-place, and for the place part of such bets, the fractional odds pertaining at the time of acceptance. Place only bets, conditional bets and forecast bets are not accepted for Future Racing. When the same selection is backed to win two or more races/events in Future Racing bets, special odds are applicable. These special odds will supersede the accumulative odds calculated from the individual event prices irrespective of the fact that the individual event prices may be endorsed on the slip. If special odds were not available, the stake will be divided equally as singles at the prices available at the time the bet was placed.
- Any horse that does not qualify for, or is expunged from a race, will be settled as a loser. Bets taken on a horse after they have not qualified by the applicable qualifying date will be voided.