Sportsbook: Each Way Edge Help
What is Each Way Edge?
Each Way Edge is a revolutionary new product which allows you to alter the place terms of your Each Way bet. With Betfair you can now choose to add extra places for a small decrease in price, or remove places to increase your potential return – all from within the betslip.
Which bets are eligible for Each Way Edge?
Each Way Edge is available on Horse Racing singles, for a variety of UK and Irish races. Bets which are eligible for Each Way Edge will have the Edge dropdown available under the selection within the betslip.
How do I change the place terms of my Each Way bet?
1. Add a Horse Racing selection to your betslip
2. Check that Edge is available on the selection
3. Click the EW checkbox
4. Add or remove places from within the betslip using the plus and minus buttons
5. See the price change as you alter the number of places
6. Place bets with your Each Way Edge applied
How many places can I increase or decrease my Each Way bet by?
This will vary depending on the race, but the minimum and maximum are stated within the Each Way Edge container for the specific bet you are looking to place. On some occasions you will not be able to reduce the number of places due to the field size.
Can I use Each Way Edge on multiples bets?
At the moment you cannot use Each Way Edge on multiples
Are bets placed with Each Way Edge applied eligible for Cash Out?
Yes they are – just check that the Cash Out symbol is present on the betslip when placing your bet
Are bets placed with Each Way Edge eligible for Best Odds Guaranteed?
No – bets placed with Each Way Edge are not eligible for Best Odds Guaranteed
Can I select SP bets with Each Way Edge?
Any bets placed at SP will not be eligible for Each Way Edge
Can I place a bet with Each Way Edge applied using a free bet token?
Yes you can
Are bets placed with Each Way Edge eligible for Price Rush?
No, bets placed with Each Way Edge applied will not be eligible for Price Rush
What happens when…
There is a dead heat?
- Dead heat deductions for the win part of the bet will apply as normal
- Dead heat deductions will not apply to the place part of Each Way Edge bets
There is a rule 4 reduction?
- Rule 4 Reductions will still apply in the same way to bets placed with the Each Way Edge
There are non-runners in the race?
- If the number of non-runners results in a change in the standard each way terms, then the terms of the Each Way Edge bet will also be altered to reflect this. In summary:
An EW Edge bet is an offset to normal EW terms, so if the EW terms on the market change after a withdrawal, the EW Edge terms can change too;
E.g. if there is a market with 3 places @ 1/5 and EW Edge is used to take 4 places. If the market changes to 2 places @ 1/4 after a withdrawal, the EW Edge bet has terms of 3 places @ 1/4
- If the market place fraction changes (e.g. market changes from 3 @ 1/4 to 3 @ 1/5) then the fraction changes for EW Edge bets too
- If an EW Edge bet reverts to Win only (e.g. -1 offset on a 3 place market when the market changes to 2 places), the price after EW Edge will still be honoured (but with rule4s applied if relevant)
- If the market drops to Win only, positive EW Edges are still EW bets