Exchange Games: What is ‘Cash Out’ on the New Hold’em?
Cash Out is a product from Betfair that allows you to lock in a profit or loss before waiting for the game round to finish.
Betfair do the math to offer you a value in real time of your current bets based on the odds currently available in your current game.
On the New Hold’em, using a single click/tap you can cash out of all your bets placed and matched in the game.
This cash out feature is available only on the New Hold’em game at this point in time.
The New Hold’em offers the same games (same cards, odds, liquidity) as the Hold’em game.
We have similar cash out features on
- Poker In Play - our mobile version of Hold’em
- Blackjack In Play - our mobile version of Blackjack
Please see the below example in which you can see a cash out opportunity to have a positive outcome in the game regardless of the game results.
The quoted profit (Profit/Loss: £3.81 in this case) shows you the outcome in the event that you would take the cash out offer.
- Cash Out is only available on the New Hold’em game.
- A Cash Out possibility will be offered only in the rounds in which no bets are placed. If you are placing a bet in a round, no Cash Out will be offered afterwards in that round.
- Cash Out will be offered at the beginning of a round and you will have the possibility to choose to take it or to choose not to take it.
- If you have placed bets on more than one selection, you will receive in the next round(s) a Cash Out offer calculated based on all your bets placed and matched in the game.
- Cash Out may not be available at times where there is not enough liquidity in the game, on the game selections.
- Cash Out automatically places bets on the Betfair Texas Hold’em game to lock in a position. The Cash Out value is the amount you would receive if you were to make a successful Cash Out.
- Cash Out amounts are not guaranteed as they are based on the live game where prices and liquidity are constantly moving. This means you may receive more than indicated, or your Cash Out may be unsuccessful or only partially successful.
- Any reduction in exposure will be credited back to your account after placing a successful cash out and any profit made on the game will be paid when the bets are settled (at the end of a round or at the end of the game).
- Cash Out opportunity will be offered only when there is an opportunity to cash out using bets with a stake higher than the minimum stake of the game.
- Cash Out calculations do not include the settled bets on the in play game - in other words, the calculations do not include the bets placed on the eliminated hands.