Exchange: What is Cash Out and how does it work?
Cash Out is a product from Betfair that allows you to lock in a profit or loss before waiting for the event to finish.
Betfair do the math to offer you a value in real time of your current bets based on the live market prices.
Using a single click you can cash out of all bets placed on a single market.
Cash Out is now also available in Horse Racing win markets, for GB and Irish races. A faster refresh rate of the Cash Out quote, when the race turns in-play, tries to increase the possibility of a successful Cash Out in a very fast changing market.
- Cash Out is available on a wide variety of Betfair markets.
- The Cash Out icon is displayed for the markets where Cash Out is available. Cash Out may not be available at times where there is low liquidity in a market.
- Cash Out automatically places bets on the Betfair market to lock in a position. The Cash Out value is the minimum amount you would receive if you were to make a successful Cash Out.
- Cash Out amounts are not guaranteed as they are based on the live Betfair markets where prices are constantly moving. This means you may receive more than indicated, or your Cash Out may be unsuccessful or only partially successful.
- If a Cash Out is unsuccessful or partially successful then we will offer you a new Cash Out amount based on your revised position and the current prices in the Betfair market.
- Any reduction in exposure will be credited back to your account after placing a successful cash out bet and any profit made on the market will be paid when the market is settled.