What is a screenshot and how do I provide it to Betfair?
A screenshot is simply a picture of your what’s on computer’s screen.
Sometimes you may be asked to provide a screenshot. A screenshot might be required for a particular problem (for example missing deposits, error on the site, chat abuse, etc.) or just to show what you are doing on your computer. Sometimes it's easier to show someone what you're seeing on your computer screen instead of explaining it.
Once captured, the screenshot must be pasted into a separate program, such as Paint or Word, in order to be viewed or saved. Before you are able to send a screenshot as an attachment, you'll first have to save the screenshot.
To save and send a screenshot please follow below steps:
1. Press “Print Screen” or “Alt”+”Print Screen” on your keyboard.
Pressing “Print Screen” captures a screenshot of the entire desktop while “Alt”+”Print Screen” captures only the active window. The key “Print Screen” can be also called “Prnt Scrn” or “Prt Sc” and some laptops might require pressing an additional “Fn” key.
2. Open a new document in “Paint”, “Word” or some other image-editing program.
3. Press “Ctrl” + “V” to paste the screenshot into the new document or use the right click button and select ‘’Paste’’ from the option box.
4. Save this document on your computer, using common file extensions like .jpg, .bmp, .png, .doc, .gif or pdf.
5. Attach this file to a chat.
Note: Windows 7 and later Windows versions include a utility called “SnippingTool”. It is a screen-capture tool that allows you taking screenshots (called snips) of part of a window. Once captured you still need to save it locally before being able to attach it to a chat.