Why is my account suspended?
There are a number of reasons for which we suspend accounts:
- You have added a debit card to your account that is not registered in your own name.
- Your personal details already exist on another account
- Information provided by you leads us to believe you are under the age of 18
- We have so far been unable to properly verify your identity
- You have tried to access our site from a country where gambling is prohibited
- We have concerns over activities on your account (you can read more about prohibited activities here)
How can I get back into my account?
In the majority of scenarios named above (see ‘Why is my account suspended) you will be required to contact us to have your suspension resolved. You can do this by clicking the ‘message us’ button at the bottom of this article. There are some exceptions though.
Read below for more information:
- Make sure to check all currently active e-mail addresses that you hold as we may have dropped you an e-mail explaining why your account is suspended along with details of any additional information we may need and where to send it to.
- If you are over the age of 18 and we have not been able to verify your account, then you will need to provide us proof of age. For more information on how to do this, visit our verification page here.
- If you have forgotten your username or password of your existing account, please click here for further details on how to retrieve the details.
Why do you need to verify who I am?
We use electronic age verification checks to ensure that you are over the age of 18. As a result, sometimes, we may need further documentation from you to prove you are who you say you are. If that is the case we will let you know when you log in, where you will receive a prompt and be directed to upload your documents via our document uploader.
If your account has been suspended although you have correctly entered your personal details, visit our article on Customer Verification to understand why and solve the issue.
You can send your documents to us digitally through a number of options on site:
- Our preferred method is via the document uploader. Once logged into your Betfair account, select "My account" -> "My details"-> "Verification" and upload a photo or a scan of your documents. Our Customer Verification article outlines how to use the document uploader to submit multiple alternative documents.
- You can use our automated ID verification process by selecting ‘Message Us’ at the bottom of this article. After doing so, please make sure you type ‘I want to verify my account’ so that your query is picked up correctly.
At Betfair, we take the security of our customers’ data extremely seriously and any documents that you provide us with will be kept safe and secure at all times, in accordance with Data Protection Legislation.
What happens to any funds I may have deposited in my account when it is suspended?
If we have reasonable grounds to suspect that you have engaged in any Prohibited Activity, we may suspend your Account without notification, and your Account will remain suspended while we investigate the matter with you. Your funds cannot be accessed or withdrawn during periods of suspension, and any balance will remain in the Account.
If the matter is resolved to our satisfaction, we will lift the Account suspension and you will be allowed to use the funds in your account as normal. If the matter is not resolved to our satisfaction, we will restrict or permanently close your Account.
Any balance in your Account at the time of any closure by us will be paid back to you, except where:
- you have engaged in illegal activity
- we determine that you have participated in any Prohibited Activities.
What happens to any bets I placed before my account was suspended?
Bets will continue to run while your account is suspended. If the result of the subsequent investigation into your suspension is that the matter is not resolved to our satisfaction we reserve the right to void all bets/cancel your winnings. If the matter is resolved satisfactorily then any winnings will be added to your balance for use.