As a licensed and regulated operator, Betfair is required to undertake an extra level of due diligence for our customers. This process requires gaining a higher level of verification from customers to ensure that they are gambling sustainably and safely.
As part of this, we assess customer financial sustainability and affordability. In certain circumstances, we may conduct a check on your account and depending on the result we may proactively apply a limit to how much you can deposit and contact you to speak to you about your account.
What is an affordability limit?
We want you to enjoy our games and services, and as part of our commitment to Safer Gambling, we don’t want you to spend more than you can afford. We assess a variety of factors to identify indicators for concern around your play. Until we can ensure that gambling won’t cause harm to our customers, we may err on the side of caution by applying a restriction to accounts while they are under review. This restriction will be on the amount you can deposit into your account over a monthly period.
Can my limit be reviewed?
Absolutely. In order to do this, we would require the following documentation:
1. A full explanation as to how you are funding your account (e.g. Salary or other income) along with documentation that illustrates this. Examples of documentation may include:
- Payslips or a copy of a PAYE P60 Annual form
- Directorship or company shareholdings, if applicable
- Official HM Land Registry Property ownership documentation
- Evidence of saving or inheritance via bank statements
2. A copy of a Bank Statement dated within the last 3 months (name and address must also be clearly visible)
We will also want to speak to you about your account and your financial situation.
We understand that the process can be inconvenient, but we want to make it clear that the safety of our customers is our highest priority.
If you have such a limit applied to your account and wish to have it reviewed, please send us your documents at email@example.com or upload your documents via our document uploader. You can find this by logging into your account, click on the ‘My account’ tab then ‘My details’ and the document uploader is there.
To speak to us, please contact us via our messenger.
Why have you taken this action?
Customers’ gambling safety is among our highest priorities, and we want your time with us to be as safe and enjoyable as possible.
Please note, this is applicable to UK customers only.